The Sheremetyevo 1 rock art site is located on the right bank of the Ussuri River, 1.9 km downstream of the northern outskirts of Sheremetyevo village. Distance to Sheremetyevo 2 site – 0.6 km. Petroglyphs are observed on vertical rock cliff surfaces and unrounded chunks of rocks of the high floodplain of the Ussuri River.
To date, six surfaces and one stone with petroglyphs have been identified within the Sheremetyevo 1 location. Five surfaces documented by V. A. Alftan and A. P. Okladnicov are not currently observed.
The petroglyphs of Sheremetyevo 1 were first described by V. A. Alftan (1894) and were further explored by the expeditions of A. P. Okladnikov (1958, 1968, 1970). Six surfaces were identified and described in these studies, with one of the surfaces described by B. A. Alftan afterward not being found.
In 2017, at the Sheremetyevo 1 location, the Center for Paleoart of the IA RAS, the Khabarovsk Regional Heritage Preservation Center, and the RSSDA Laboratory documented two stones and surfaces with petroglyphs (one surface and one stone) including one previously unknown stone.