The Sheremetyevo 3 rock art site is located on the right bank of the Ussuri River, 7.3 km downstream of the northern outskirts of the village of Sheremetyevo. The distance to the site of Sheremetyevo 4 is 0.6 km. Petroglyphs are observed on vertical rock surfaces. The length of the rocky cliff is 109 m, the height of the cliff is 6 m. The identified images are grouped in the northern part of the cliff and located at a height of 1 to 4.5 m from the foot of the rock.
To date, nine surfaces with petroglyphs are known within the Sheremetyevo 3 locality. One surface, documented by A.P. Okladnikov, is currently not observed.
The petroglyphs of Sheremetyevo 3 were first described by V. A. Alftan (1894) and were further explored by the expeditions of A.P. Okladnikov (1958, 1968, 1970). Six surfaces (seven figures) were identified and described in these studies.
In 2017 and 2019 Expeditions of the Center for Paleo Arts of the Institute of Archeology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Khabarovsk Regional Heritage Preservation Center, and the RSSDA Laboratory at the Sheremetyevo 3 site carried out a complete mapping and documenting of the rocky cliff and all known surfaces with images (eight surfaces) with the determination of their coordinates. Among them, three previously unknown surfaces with petroglyphs were identified and documented.
Photographing April 23-24, 2019